Systems engineering is an essential requirement for successful integration of major high-tech projects into railway machinery. The significance of this trend increases with the existing robotic systems and software tools expansion in number, which are designed to improve manufactored and machined parts operating factors. Such core functions of technical procceses as parts welding (overlaying) and its mechanical machining are impossible today without the use of robotic systems and software tools. For this reason system engineering field of application in railway machinery is no longer limited by technical process project development, but also includes all-round project administration during operation, quality review and managing embedded software.
Relying on all components of system engineering, carriage-building and carriage-repairing railway undertakings are getting the opportunity to improve quality and operating factors of its production and optimize its prime cost. Implementing technology solutions based on system engineering, JSC «EIF «Sudotechnologiya» Customers improved machined parts quality, reduced primecost of performed works and lowered human aspect influence while performing the works.
Applying the principles of system engineering has enabled JSC «EIF «Sudotechnologiya» specialists, together with its system partner Panasonic Industrial Europe GmbH, to develop and implement robotic cell, that can fully automate technological process of repairing freight-car truck moulded parts based on Panasonic welding robots.
To date robotic cells are implemented in the tetechnological process of repairing freight-car truck moulded parts in Magnitogorsk and SPb Moscow Marshaling depot.
According to the principles of system engineering JSC «EIF «Sudotechnologiya» carries out range of measures that ensures comprehensive approach to Customers problems solving.Those measures are the following:
- technical order approval with the Customer in dealing with emersed problems;
- adapting technological process for new equipment and providing to the Customer technologies, that are necessary for manufacturing and machining parts and items;
- designing technological and mechanical equipment, hydraulic and electrical systems, software developing;
- production of equipment;
- preparing facilities and subsystems, necessary for equipment placement;
- equipment assembling, alignment and commissioning;
- training service staff methods and ways of operating new equipment;
- software debugging while equipment service;
- equipments service, warranty and post-warranty servicing;
- expendables supply;
- immediate rendering engineering advice to technical specialists maintaining equipment..